Transition Sports provide support for school run basketball programs in the areas of overall program development and on court teaching and learnings.
We offer a range of flexible programs, from on going all year round program leaders through to shorter term periods such as 5-6 week block as part of the school curriculum or support leading up to and coaching in inter school Tournaments.
For our schools, we try to show a diverse range of training while maintaining focus on the development of each individual.
Our Transition Sports coaches show our programs a foundation to help and support and grow their understanding of the game and most importantly each player. We find it best to do this by –
- Showing methods on how, why and when we implement drills
- The explanation of the actual drill chosen
- Explaining the importance of not just knowing the kids, but also try and understand them.
- Teaching players to make confident instantaneous decisions (again – how, why and where), helping them to recognise opportunities, when to use the skills they have mastered during training and how to implement them in a game Teach athletes real time training
- To understand the mythology of the terms empty and fill, read and react, technique mode vs result mode and understanding the word perception.
- Understanding defensive principles
- How to develop not only external skill sets, but also internal skill sets
- Clearly outline the importance of commitment, respect and discipline.
- Learn to acknowledge and encourage each player and make them aware that if critiques are given, they will be followed by a clear explanation and reinforcement that we believe in them.
Call Darren on 0417 567 225 to discuss how we can assist with your school’s basketball program.