Transition Sports current coaching line up
Darren opened Transition Sports in 2010. Darren has over 20 years domestic coaching experience and has coached different age groups and levels at both Altona Gators and Werribee Devils representative programs.
Darren’s coaching highlight came in 2010 when he led the under 14 Altona Gator boys from 5th place to eventually win the State Championship and progress to the Australian Championships in Brisbane (First time in club history).
Darren is also the head coach of the Williamstown High School and Westbourne Grammar basketball programs.
- 2010 : Head Coach of Altona Under 14 Boys Second Team
- 2011 : Head Coach of Altona Under 14 State Championship winning boys
- 2012 : Head Coach of Altona Under 16 VC Boys and Head Coach of Altona Big V Youth League Men
- 2013 : Assistant Coach of Werribee Big V Women
- 2014 : Head Coach of Werribee Under 14 VC Girls and Head Coach of Werribee Big V Youth League Women
- 2015 : Year off to further progress Transition Sports
- 2016 : Head Coach of Werribee U/18 Girls and Head Coach Werribee Big V Youth League Mens
Tim joined the Transition Sports team in July 2015. He has an extensive junior playing career in the Geelong Region and played in 2 straight championships for the Corio Bay Stingrays in the Victorian Country Basketball League.
Tim has a vast coaching resume in both juniors and seniors and is well known for his analytical thinking and strategic approach to the game.
- Coached 8 years in the junior program at Corio Bay – U14 boys x 2 seasons, U16 boys x 4 seasons, U18 boys x 1 season; and U18 girls x 1 season
- Assistant coach with Corio Bay Stingrays Big V Men’s team and head coach of the Corio Bay Stingrays Youth Womens team for 2 seasons
- 2016 – Coach of Werribee Devils U16 Boys 2nd team and assistant coach of Werribee Youth Mens team.
Haydn Galea & Josh Tang
In 2016, we have introduced two coaches from our Transition Sports player training program. Joshua Tang who has been part of our program since day one, and Haydn Galea who has been part of the program for the past 3 years.
Both coaches fully understand Transition Sport’s philosophy and connect very well with our young players. This is part of our 360 degree development philosophy, where we teach players to see it from another perspective. We are very proud of the development of these two young men, not just on the court, but also off the court.
Playing careers –
5 years playing representative junior basketball at Werribee
- 2015 : Member of Geelong Youth Mens Team
- 2016 : Member of Geelong Big V Mens Team
3 years in the NITP Vic Metro training program
- 2011: Won u/14 state championship with Altona & played in national club championship
- 2014: Member of Melbourne Tigers Youth League Mens Team
- 2015: Won U/18 state championship with Melbourne Tigers and MVP in the State Championship final
- 2016: Member of Werribee Devils Youth League Mens Team.